Sunday, September 30, 2012

First Post

Welcome to Whisks Away!

This is going to be my little corner of the internet where I intend to blog about my life and all of the misadventures that go along with it. Of course, if I expect you to read it, I need to tell you a bit about myself first, right? Right!

First up, I'm a soon-to-be college graduate. It's been a long, long, LONG road down the path of higher education, but it's been worth it. A bunch of major changes and even a few school swaps and FINALLY I'll be graduating in May 2013. With a BA in History!

I'm currently living in Dalton, Georgia where I'm attending Dalton State College. I moved up here a year ago after having spent most of my college career living in Athens, Georgia (attending the good ol' UGA). But my college shenanigans are a different story!

My roommates and co-conspirators in my life are my boyfriend of three years (our anniversary is the 19th of this month!), who I'll call the BF, and Captain Ahab. Ahab is our adorable little mutt (featured in my sidebar pic!) who we rescued when he was abandoned on the side of the road back in 2010. He's our pride and joy.

What am I going to blog about! Everything, pretty much. Because the BF and I are very broke college students, we live on an extremely tight budget so I plan to blog about what life is like on a budget. We're also in the process of working to get fit, so I'm hoping that blogging about the transition will help me stay focused with it. Most importantly of all, apart from the shenanigans with the BF and Ahab, of course - is my love of food. I love to eat and I love to cook, so food and recipes will be a huge part of this blog!

And that's the gist of this blog in a (not-so-tiny) nutshell! I hope you enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Comments make my day! :] If you have your own blog, be sure to leave a link so I can check it out!